Embedded Controller for 3U PXI™ Express Systems
The LitePoint® z3985 Embedded Controller, based on the fourth generation Intel Core i7 processor is specifically designed for hybrid PXI Express-based testing systems, delivering maximum computing power for a wide variety of test and measurement applications.
Combining state-of-the-art 2.4 GHz quad-core Intel Core i7-4700EQ processors (3.4GHz maximum in single-core, Turbo Boost mode), and 16 GB of 1600 MHz DDR3L memory, the z3985 utilizes four separate computing engines on a single processor, enabling execution of numerous independent tasks simultaneously in a multi-tasking environment. With a configurable PCIe switch, the z3985 can support four links x4 or two links x16 and x8 PXI Express link capability, with maximum system throughput of up to 8 GB/s.
The LitePoint z3985 Embedded Controller provides ample front-panel interface options for hybrid PXI-based test systems control including:
- 2 DisplayPort connectors allowing connection to 2 monitors
- Dual USB 3.0 connections for high speed peripheral devices
- 4 USB 2.0 ports for peripheral devices and USB instrument control
- Dual Gigabit Ethernet ports for LAN connections and controlling LXI instruments
- Micro-D GPIB connector for GPIB instrument connection